Re: [LUG] Simple programming language

On 16/11/13 20:31, Simon Avery wrote:
On 16 November 2013 20:27, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tom's advice of "teach what you know" is good too.

Probably worth choosing one that won't put kids off with horrid errors and terse syntax. Would be a concern with Perl.

Ah, them's fightin' words!

Seriously - precision is a requirement of any programming language. Perl's errors and syntax are absolutely fine. I can write ugly, incomprehensible perl - and I can also write elegant and easily understood perl. I imagine most coders can do the same in whatever language they prefer.

But we probably don't need a language war in here, so I'll leave it there...

Sit down and fight like a programmer!
Tom te tom te tom