Re: [LUG] Meeting in south east Cornwall

Thanks for the reply Steve,

I'm not too sure yet if we can get power to the box, so may have to go for the model A Pi. the camera would have to be motion sensored and also have night vision capabilities as Owl's are nocturnal. Recording would be a good option as we could play it back on screens inside the cafe. I think the box will be in wifi range of the cafe so i'm hoping that we could get a live feed and if possible maybe set up a web page so people could view from their homes. I will look in to weather proofing as maker is quite an exposed site, some say it has it's own micro-climate. I did read some where that you could power a Pi over the ethernet connection, although i feel this is not a good option due to cable laying around the site.

As to the location of maker junction it is at maker heights, millbrook PL10 1LA if you want to google map it , not sure if this link will work for you http://makerjunction.org.uk/#/finding-us/4570722290
It would be great if a few people could meet up here sometime and help/contribute to our local community project. It would make a great day out for the family aswell with local parks, villages and beaches for walks etc etc.

thanks for the reply

Daniel