Re: [LUG] OT: Antivirus Security Pro - Ransomware

> On 30 Oct 2013, at 17:10, Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> She went on www.ebay.co.uk from her bookmarks as far as I know..

Problem with user reports is it is easy to overlook something, even for really
experienced users like urm me.

That said the idea of "safe sites" is one that should probably die.

Ever since Microsoft was serving ads on the default home page for IE that were
trying to compromise IE, you have the perfect safe site counter example - you
couldn't even open the browser with its default settings safely. Advertisers have
got smarter since, but I bet a good bait and switch will work for many.

The browser home page being also a classic example of something someone might
overlook in their report.

Have been reading through "The Tangled Web", excellent book. I didn't learn as much
as I hoped, but more than enough to justify the time invested. For those interested
in web security I heartily recommend it.