Re: [LUG] Router question

On 21/10/13 20:03, Gordon Henderson wrote:

So if you have an ADSL issue - check your router/modem first. See what
your line sync. speed is. If it's normal for your line (it will be
marginally higher than the best speedtest you've ever done) then start
to look elsewhere, but if it's much much lower, then start to look at
your local wiring. Unplug all phones, connect into the master socket, etc.

And if you don't have a new style (as of about 25 years ago) master
socket, then get one and fit it yourself. Do a neat job and don't tell
BT and they'll be none the wiser, but cock it up and expect to pay them
over £100 to fix it )-:

This:

   http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GPNTE5ADSL.html

Just as a check, it is now 11 pm Monday evening and I have checked. The router speed is still steady at the same rate of 14 Mb/s. The speedtest program gives me a result of 11.7 Mb/s. And the Youtube videos which were all failing are now working just fine. I even upped the definition as an extra check.

Neil