Re: [LUG] recovering mysql from trashed install

On 09/10/13 22:16, Tom wrote:
> I made an install unbootable and would like to try and use the old msql
> database on it. Can I just copy a file over and then point my new mysql
> install at it?

Back it up. Then boot from CD, and chroot and start MYSQL, and dump the
database would be my first attempt.

Yes if you install the same version on the same architecture you could
probably recover the files from where MySQL puts them and make it work,
but messy and horrid and probably overkill.