Re: [LUG] USB write permissions - best practice

libusb is userspace only so only gets the permissions that you have. There are a number of options, firstly do the device nodes belong to any group? if so can you just add yourself to that group and gain the access you need. If not or if you need more permissions udev rules can control which groups get to own which device nodes. So setup approprate udev rules to match your vid/pid or usb device class as you need then get this to make a (possibly new) group have group perms on these nodes and add yourself to the same group.