Re: [LUG] Software Freedom Day is VERY soon.

On 06/09/13 23:10, Tom Brough wrote:
> Sorry this pent up feeling needs airing
>
> We have 200+ registered members on this mail group.....
>
> The local Software Freedom Day Event for Devon & Cornwall on the 21st
> September will take place at the Exwick Community Centre between 14:30
> and 17:30.
>
> This is an ideal opportunity to show your support and gratitude for
> Free Software and all those Free Software products you have been using
> for years.
>
> Please come and demo/talk/discuss free software and your free software
> related projects.
>
> If you have nothing to demo ... just come along ( bring your friends too)
>
> If you can't come along Tweet, Facebook, email, fax, write, telegraph
> or use any other communication medium to get the event known in Devon
> & Cornwall.
>
> If your NOT even prepared to do that .... what are you doing on this
> list in the first place?
>
> I only ask that you do this one thing once a year....
>
> So:
>
> Advocate or Abdicate ... The choice is yours ....
>

> PS.
>
> I have no remorse ... if you have a guilty conscious after reading
> this so be it.... do something about it...

I agree with tom,  recent threads that have shown there is a passion for
freedom and against what is happening those of us who really understand
this stuff need to educate people, show there are other ways of working,
other ways that mean we remain in control of what we do online.

Myself, a few others tom Brough , have put work in to this Dan Smith
especially has put a HELL OF A LOT of work in to this, lets support
software freedom, come along,

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

Software freedom day event - 21st September 2013  - http://exeter.lug.org.uk/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.