Re: [LUG] Separate Home Partition

On 6 Sep, 2013, at 5:43 pm, bad apple wrote:

A *much* better approach is available, but is still a bit uncomfortably bleeding edge at the moment - presuming a personal system, with just one
hard drive available for your OS (although you may have others for
storing data, etc), the way all systems will run in the future is on top
of snapshotting, copy-on-write next-gen combined volume
management/partitioning/filesystem tools. I.e., BTRFS or ZFS (+ ReFS in
windows land, Veritas etc in SAN land).

In the meantime, and slightly at cross purposes, does anyone use LVM? I don't and never have. Should I? Should Neil?

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63