Re: [LUG] Command-line: jump to arbitrary parent dir from deeply nested dir (bash)

On 01/09/13 11:50, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Sep 2013, Philip Hudson wrote:
>
>> https://github.com/vigneshwaranr/bd
>>
>> I'll be implementing a tcsh version later, for the screaming millions
>> of tcsh users (me & Gordon)
>
> Intersting... I tend to use pushd/popd a lot though.
>
> I'm also slowly migrating over to the dark bash side too - mostly due
> to all the Pi stuff and it being the default there and while my own
> Pis have tcsh installed, when dealing with the great unwashed who all
> use bash as the default it's making life easier...
>
> And yes, in the past few weeks I've been teaching Python too )-:
>
> Gordon

And also "cd -", which takes you back to your previous directory,
wherever it was.

There is also "z", which builds a mini-db of your MRUDs so you can
quickly jump to them (I don't use it as I can't rely on arbitrary tools
always being on all my different machines and it's bad practice to get
dependent on nice things that you might not be able to use when you
really need it). But it's still quite handy.

Regards