Re: [LUG] Wireless router

Router;  Drayteks will do all that you want. However - I've gone from being
a huge fan to merely a lukewarm one thanks to some stability issues. We use
2820 and 2830s.

Ditto.

What specific issues are you seeing with them, Gordon?

We've had:

Lan-to-Lan VPN's reconnecting every 5 seconds or so.
LAn-to-Lan VPN's failing to route.
ADSL failing to route (Possibly 'stale adsl' scenario).

Each happening after an indeterminite time.

Rebooting the router resolves the issue - until next time.

Which is a shame, as the feature/price suits us nicely. The bandwiwdth limiting and outbound balancing is very nice too.

Documentation is poor, Wifi good on the -N models (with segregation and in latest firmware, also a catch-and-release built-in), tech support excellent (and I've seen a suggestion I made two years ago make it into a firmware update last year), interface sometimes bonkers. (The scheduling stuff just as an example)