Re: [LUG] Net install (first timer)

On 20 Aug 2013, at 21:19, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Write a USB installer (what does "burn a disk" mean these days? Some
> kind of obsolete practice from last decade?)

Hey Matt asked me to do two the other day. They are still cheaper than USB sticks if
you have to snail mail data to random people, especially if you're still working
your way through a pack you bought nearly a decade ago so the cost is sunk.

Clearly a bug that home user systems don't trivially NetBoot and reinstall or rescue
boot from the net without third party media.