[LUG] Net install (first timer)

Hello chaps,
Started a new job today and had great fun smashing up the old Comet in Marsh Barton =)
I managed to find a rather nice looking PC, Tied it to my bicycle with 3m Network Cables and cycled it home. =)
Always the type of person who likes to try something new, I was wondering if it is possible to install Linux on to a remote machine. By remote I mean another computer onÂmy LAN. And if it is possible what sort of things do I need to do to achieve this?
This lovely little PC will be my future file server so any tips on Distro choices would be great but I fear I will lean towards Debian... again...
Kind Regards
DR