Re: [LUG] internet broken?

On 20/08/13 18:17, Daniel Robinson wrote:
> My internet has gone a wee bit slow too, Exeter here!

This has started to interest me further now, as I have had several calls/emails today from clients.

It seems that pretty much universally, here in the SW (I'm including up to London, where one client emailed from) at least, this morning not only did everyone have slow internet access but logging in to public email services was failing. I've had separate accounts from people using blueyonder.co.uk, gmail.com, yahoo.co.uk and live.com - all were unable to login or in some cases even access the sites (via browser or mail client) at all until mid-afternoon when all problems suddenly vanished. I just finished chatting with my Dad, who confirmed that his yahoo email accounts were unavailable all morning, and I know there's nothing wrong with his setup, because I did it all for him.

I was also up until 6am this morning as usual waiting for the missus to return from night shift, and I distinctly recall that my torrent client was running *really* slow - I only seed out-of-hours from 01:00 - 05:30 normally and typically get 60Mbps down and 5-8Mbps up constantly but it was a mere trickle when I eventually shut it off at dawn. Didn't think anything of it at the time...

So, conspiracy hats on! What does anyone think? I'm waiting for my ISP-based friend to get back to me currently, who may be able to shed some light.

Regards