Re: [LUG] Downloading Iplayer

On 08/08/13 18:18, Neil wrote:
On 08/08/13 12:36, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:

On Aug 8, 2013 12:22 PM, "Neil" <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

 > I have been looking at get_iplayer. Had some problems at first, but
now it seems to be working. It does look as if it will take a long time
to complete. Has anyone else tried this program, and if so, does it take
a long time to download?

 > Just wondering, thanks
 >
 > Neil

Hi Neil,

I use it fairly regularly - not enough to know all the ins and outs of
it though. It can take a while to download something, especially off
you're downloading HD stuff.

Grant

Thanks. This morning when I tested it out it was very slow, like 5 mins to download 1%. There must have been something going on somewhere. Anyway I have just tried again and it all downloaded very quickly. I can now watch it on my laptop via my HD. Now I have to figure out how to get it to play on our TV set.

Yes, the laptop does have an HDMI out port and the TV does accept HDMI input. First I have to get a cable. All part of the learning process!!

Neil

I was getting some really slow internet stuff this morning - it all seemed V Slow.
Tom te tom te tom