Re: [LUG] Kudos to AAISP

On 23/07/13 15:53, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 23/07/13 12:32, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 10:57:44 +0100
Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Paul,

1. is to filter out search terms that can be used by people to find
child porn,  this can be countered as people have pointed out there are
other ways in which people find content online not even using  web
browser and search engine as such.   Offenders will simply find  way to
circumvent all this.
It's a waste of time anyway;  Purveyors of child porn go to some length
to ensure their stuff doesn't show up in the usual search engines
(yahoo, bing, google, etc.) for what, I hope, are obvious reasons.
Exactly, as i said they find ways to circumvent what ever measures are
put in place.   As I said I agree we need to be targeting abusers and
making sure they are not only caught but punished so it sends a message
out,  however I don't think our MP's have the guts for that.

Paul

The trouble with punishing a sickness is it merely drives it further underground!
Tom te tom te tom