Re: [LUG] NTFS drive unmountable

On 19/07/13 16:50, Philip Whateley wrote:
Hmm

Still problems: intermittently slow to mount, then wouldn't mount then
would mount the drive but not the volume etc etc

Took out USB at both ends and then plugged it back in again, it mounted
(and faster).

So probably the lead. I'll try a new one but I'll also look at
replacement drive as SMART is detecting bad sectors. At lease I have a
fighting chance of copying off anything remotely useful.

Many thanks

Phil

You might be able to get away with replacing the drive in the case with a new one, if anything it'll give you another spare drive to use :-)

All this talk of failing drives made me think about backing up the few important things on my server. I really must get around to building that low power backup server to put in at my dads place :-)

Rob