Re: [LUG] K3B Question

On 17/07/13 22:56, Paul Sutton wrote:
> On 17/07/13 22:55, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
>> On 17 July 2013 22:52, <davidson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:davidson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>
>>     re brasero: i've frequently had trouble using brasero and other
>>     similar gui apps in the past.  rather than figure out how to unbreak
>>     them, i tend to look for their backends instead.
>>

>> Curiously I have no end of trouble trying to create audio CDs with
>> Brasero, and yet K3B will happily sail through the job.
>>
>> Grant.
>>

> Same here brasero is a PITA on my old system,  the status bar goes back
> and forth for ages and usually  ends up with a fail message,  k3b just
> works,  (unless there is a problem elsewhere that causes it to mess up)
>
> Paul

Yet another vote for K3B - I don't use it myself anymore (I use
cdparanioa, lame and other cmd line tools of course) but I do recommend
it to all the new users of Linux boxes I set up, if they ask about audio
cd stuff.

I have personally used Brasero myself, and do definitely remember it
failing once on a laptop. Installing K3B and trying again worked first
time.

Regards