Re: [LUG] Virtualbox + Win8.1 Fix

On 28/06/13 21:47, Simon Waters wrote:

> Probably just as well, the Microsoft W8 IE10 test images use to crash
> my Debian box.... I'm sure it is just a bug in virtual box or more
> likely its configuration but nasty just the same. Simon

Well really it has to be a bug in VBox ultimately, as it really
shouldn't accept any configuration so borked that it crashes itself, let
alone the whole OS. I must admit I have seen a whole lot of badly crashy
behaviour myself with the VBox/Debian combo, although not so much
recently - it's nearly always graphics related. If you run your VMs
headless via vboxmanage and only connect via vRDP or SSH it's a lot more
stable.

Anyway, VBox is still more stable on Linux than VMware Workstation,
which crashes so much I've had to block it from reporting to aport every
reboot.

Regards