Re: [LUG] OT surveillance

On 28/06/13 06:35, bad apple wrote:
On 28/06/13 06:25, tom wrote:
That was just a pathetic excuse.
It was shown that the use of airport body scanners alone  would
effectively lead to more deaths - simply due to the time people spent
queueing - than the terrorists caused.
Tom te tom te tom

[citation needed]

Regards

Say an airport has 1million passengers a year. They spend an extra 10 minutes queueing for the scanner - thats 19 years wasted. There are over 760 million passengers so thats 206 extra deaths every year. So 15 years of scanning and you've got the terrorists beaten - which would be a first as the US and other governments shooting down passenger jets had them beaten before that. It should be noted that air arrival -> departure time went from about 2 hours to over 4 hours after 11/9 for flights to the US. I used to fly abroad from Stansted - I could leave my house and be in the air in about an hour if I felt daring or overslept - 1/2hr spent at the airport. Now with the extra queuing if I still lived there that’s an extra 150minutes per flight so 3090 deaths per year due to increased unsecurity if similar stuff globally. Given that the average air passenger may be older than average the death toll from this may be much much higher as we are just considering wasted lifespans here.
We are so much not safer - and neither is the english language!
Tom te tom te tom te tom