Re: [LUG] OT surveillance

On 26/06/13 18:57, Martijn Grooten wrote:
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Keith Abraham wrote:
I know there has been a D
notice sent to the but it's only a request. Has the press/media no
backbone or is there force being applied behind the scenes?
Firstly, people aren't that interested. It's all pretty abstract, with
little to no direct implications to our current lives.

And secondly, not much has been happening, so there's little 'news' to
report, except for the odd plane packed with journalists flying from
Moscow to Havana.

The present level of surveillance was never about terrorism.
I can't look into the heads of the people running the NSA or GCHQ, but
terrorism (9/11, 7/7) was the direct reason for these organizations to
be given bigger surveillance powers.

Martijn.

That was just a pathetic excuse.
It was shown that the use of airport body scanners alone would effectively lead to more deaths - simply due to the time people spent queueing - than the terrorists caused.
Tom te tom te tom