[LUG] python and minecraft pi edition help please

Hi

I am trying to write a simple script to do something similar to what is
in part of the tutorial for python prgramming with minecraft

import minecraft
import block
#Initialise
mc = minecraft.Minecraft.create()
#Produce a line of blocks
for x in xrange(0, 10):
    mc.setBlock(x, 15, 0, block.STONE)
What I want to do is askj for user input,  store this as  variable e.g b and then
have this passed on

I ahve tried to replace block.STONE with block.b, but this isn't working,  It can
grab the input fine (using raw_input) so if I enter STONE for example it will
display 10 stone blocks in a line, if I enter
TNT it will display 10 TNT blocks in a row.

It seems what I type in isn't being passed on properly

can anyone help, been trying to do this for weeks, and am getting nowhere.

thanks

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.