Re: [LUG] OT French camp site internet

On 18/06/13 17:00, Adrian Midgley wrote:
Hash it and publish the hash out of your control.
GNotary seems to have dropped out of sight, alas.

On 15 June 2013 14:57, Eion MacDonald <eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

regards

Eion MacDonald

From: tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, 15 June 2013, 12:53
Subject: Re: [LUG] OT French camp site internet

Again you can keep a copy of all sent messages locally using thunderbird.
Again, unless they GPG sign it as received it really isnt worth jack

1 I also keep copy in sent on T'bird locally.
2. Most clients do not use any digital signatures. GPG of otherwise. Not even MS Windows own promoted
commercial versions .
( Only signatures I routinely get are from the 'hidden folk' in HMG export control  who sign
HM Government export licenses for dubious dual use  goods (for explosives,  equipment which it is possible to
convert to mass destruction weapons manufacture and such like etc))
3. Advantage of the 'document file' is I can swear  that as a contemporaneous record, I made, I recorded, then I sent
and I have acknowledgement of 'opening'. The problem is who opened, hence always use both  a corporate address
line then the named addressee inside the text.
While the T'Bird sent files are machine sent, and while you can swear sent log them as evidence, it is better with
  the single document as well. Courts like 'documents'.
Mind you it depends on the country/culture you are arguing with and in which forum of law or arbitration.
4 Alternative is old fashioned FAX ( always easy proof in court, as machine receiver is provable.) suitable for
 Ukraine and Koreas and Japan who like faxes.

Adrian Midgley   http://www.defoam.net/

Fax machines - my introduction to corruption in lawmaking! How else could someone be dumb enough to pass a law that says you if have received the fax its in good condition - without confirming ink status!
Tom te tom te tom