Re: [LUG] OT French camp site internet

On 13/06/13 18:53, bad apple wrote:
On 13/06/13 18:40, Simon Avery wrote:
For random email access on the hoof, I use squirrelmail or roundcube (both
webmail) running on my home server. It's a lot faster I find. Tbird
especially is very fond of trying to cache and index everything by default
which on slow links (and I'm used to nothing else) can be crippling with
big mailboxes.

Configure cache in Preferences and configure Synchronisation & Storage
in Accounts for each email account to less aggressively cache and sync
all content from remote to local. You can also reconfigure each account
to copy Sent Messages to a local folder instead of remote (all of which
might be of direct use to Henry on holiday). Pretty much every variable
can be tweaked in Thunderbird to suit all needs.

I run Squirrelmail at home as well, but it's only my general users who
access it - the only place I don't use the versatile Thunderbird is
where I don't have a GUI to run it in.

Regards

Synchronisation & storage was the answer, merci beaucoup Monsieur Meowski.