Re: [LUG] Hotel Logging in Management

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM, Mark Evans wrote:
> Is there an address which will always resolve, but will either never
> have a web server or will only serve something of the form

Not sure, but you can use the corporate homepage for that. That's not
100% secure though, as the proxy also controls the DNS.

It's a good point. I remember this being a huge pain some years ago,
when you had to look for an obscure setting that allowed you to
temporarily turn the firewall off so that you could connect to the
hotel's login page. These days it just works.

Would be interesting to find out how.

Martijn.