Re: [LUG] Wifi and wired networking have stopped running

On 15 May 2013 08:42, Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Grant

Thanks for the reply. I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro with an inprocomm ipn wireless card. All instructions that I have found on the web in getting this working recommended using ndiswrapper.

Rich

Ouch! I've just been poking around and (as far as I can tell)... InProComm only released Linux "drivers" for 2.4.18 at the latest, and that was only for the MIPS architecture. InProComm were consumed by MediaTek, who now have no involvement in networking and aren't interested at all in their acquisition's networking portfolio. There have been a few attempts at reverse engineering the 2.4.18 binary-only driver, but with little success (and I have found no mention of it relating to 2.6 or 3.x version kernels).

Looks like ndiswrapper is the only way forward with this chip... but, looking at it, would you be better off pickup up a newer WiFi adapter? It would seem that the IPN2220 doesn't support WPA2 or WiFi channels 12/13.

Grant.