Re: [LUG] Wifi and wired networking have stopped running

On 14 May 2013 17:06, Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All

Two days ago I had a perfectly happy Toshiba connecting to both wired and wireless networks. Now the Network Manager applet is blank. It has a tick in the enable networking box and it allows access to the edit box. When I click on the edit box it shows all my previous connections but I cannot connect.

If I run iwconfig it says there are no wireless extensions.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Rich

Is it possible that the WiFi has been turned off? Most laptops have either a physical on/off switch or a virtual one that can be toggled with a combination of Fn key + some other key.

Have you done any upgrades lately? It might be that you were previously using modules ("drivers") that aren't present in your new kernel.

Can you post the outputs of "ifconfig -a", "lsmod" and "lshw" (all should be run as root, and lshw may not be installed yet).

Grant.