Re: [LUG] An insanely long rambling bad apple review of apple: was Re: OS X v Wheezy was Re: Windows 8 vs Ubuntu 13.04

On 11/05/13 05:35, bad apple wrote:
On 11/05/13 04:59, bad apple wrote:

so much stuff
CODA:

Oops, I nearly forgot: one last bit of supreme irony.

The above mentioned Italian waitress (aka: The Missus, God, She Who Must
Be Obeyed, etc)  finished her English Degree, and eventually got a
Masters in Philosophy. She's now retrained herself in molecular biology
(which despite my best efforts, remains way above my comprehension
threshold) and is a hugely underpaid and under-appreciated government
wageslave. Guess what she uses as her computational weapon of choice?

Yes, it's a MacBook Pro. Running OS X. It does have a Debian VM for
sanity's sake, but it doesn't get a lot of use from her at least.

We both like the Retina screen and the backlit keyboard (both of which
rock). We have to agree to disagree on everything else.

Bad Apple, piling sin upon sin. On top of hypocrisy.

Regards and ouch.

PS: On the plus side she doesn't read the DCGLUG mailing list. I hope.
PPS: If you do, Hi Annie! Your dinner is in the cats. Which they just
puked all over the rug. Please come home!

Bad apple - you are not saying OSX is better than Linux - you are saying Apple hardware is better that other stuff are you not?That is something I can agree with - though I've never thought it worth the value put on it. A backlit keyboard is OK but I get serious eye problems working in the dark - I always have to have incandescent or natural near me. And as for the retina display - its nice if you really have to work close enough to notice it but again you shouldn’t. We really are building up some serious eye problems for the future.
Tom te tom te tom