Re: [LUG] Mythtv and internet connected TVs

so how content providers doing wonderful stuff like Game Of Thrones actually generate money! I want HBO to make gzillion £. Are you going to found it, it don't think so...

I love GoT too, but for every one of those, there's a million pieces of crap that I don't watch.

Funding will change drastically with TV Companies already talking about popovers during programming for adverts as well as trailers rather than advert breaks which are decreasingly watched by a human.

Those will be /very/ intrusive, but they gotta make coin somehow.

Sometimes with the BBC (which gives good value imo), I want to do a Good Life's Margo and pay over just enough for the bits I like. "Yes, I'll pay for Radio 4 and Radio 2, but not for any BBC 1 Sitcom or Talent show..."