Re: [LUG] Email encryption, was Re: www.dcglug.org.uk

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 20:41:57 +0100
Martijn Grooten <sweetwatergeek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Martijn,

>quite a few banks do things right, and the really stupid things (like
>requiring your mother's maiden name to gain access to your account)

Yes, they asked for it, but you didn't have to give it.  Anything was
acceptable.  At least, IIRC, it was with the bank I used at the time.

Anyhow, with four "John Smiths" all born on 19 August 1983 (for example)
how could they know which mother's maiden name applied to their customer?

--
 Regards  _
You're the psychotic daughter of a psychotic mother