Re: [LUG] Joining the Yahoo! spammers club

On 25/04/13 09:59, Martijn Grooten wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:15 AM, bad apple wrote:
>
>> Damn, I would really love to get to the bottom of this somehow.
>
> Me too. It has become my mission.

Trouble is, whilst Yahoo have more pieces of the puzzle than we do, the
only people we know "must" know are the spammers themselves. The
information must be coded in the software doing the spamming, although
possibly obliquely.

Some timetable data of when Yahoo fixed various flaws in this links:

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/03/06/despite-its-efforts-to-fix-vulnerabilities-yahoos-mail-users-continue-reporting-hacking-incidents/

That they used multiple XSS and similar attacks doesn't mean these are
the only methods being used.

On the upside that it isn't happening from Google, or AOL, or Microsoft,
on a similar scale suggests that they are running a tighter ship (or the
spammers have it in for Yahoo, or maybe insider knowledge?).

Interesting reading...
http://www.nznewsuk.co.uk/business/?id=39401&story=Telecom-to-keep-Yahoo--email-service-after-hacking-review

Hehehe - this will cheer folks up.
http://www.spamresource.com/2013/04/skycom-transitioning-to-yahoo-mail.html