Re: [LUG] IRC Channel

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013, Neil Stone wrote:

On 04/22/13 22:05, Matt Lee wrote:
If you like Neil, #DCLUG can forward to #DCGLUG on Freenode -- very
easy set this up with Freenode staff (including the one who's in
#DCGLUG right now)
Indeed it could...
I'd like to ask you publicly to stop editing the IRC page to make it
seem as if #DCGLUG is controlled by someone based in the USA.
You mean to suggest that the 'founder' of a channel is not in control ?
and that the 'founder' of #DCGLUG is NOT living full time in  America ?

Neil,

You make a big thing about Matt being in the US. Matt was born and brought up in Devon. (Wasn't he at your wedding?)

Your continuing edits of the IRC page on the dcglug website are becoming tedious. Your latest one:

  IRC channels
  Internet Relay Chat is a way to chat with other DCGLUG members quickly
  and easily through your web browser or a dedicated IRC client.
  #DCLUG - Founded by Neil Stone, who is based in Cornwall and whose posts
  can be found on the very first page of the LUG archives.
  #DCGLUG - Founded by Matt Lee, who is based in the US.

is just petty.

As for your little "banner advert" recently - that was just taking the piss. You have no right to advertise your services blatantly like that. And your current QR code avatar? That has to go to as it's nothing more than the same thing.

Please remove the QR code advert now.

So yes, you had had you nice little IRC channel running on behalf on the group, and we thanked you for it, but when it became unreliable and we, the group decided to move elsewhere, rather than just accept it (or even breathe a sigh of relief that you now no-longer have to provide the service!) you threw your toys out of your pram and are now causing a lot of hassle for everyone else.

So grow up for goodness sake. Either stay with us, or go somewhere else. Stop pretending that DCLUG is the "one" channel - it's not, it's just one other channel on Freenode. The majority of us are using #DCGLUG as that's what the group is called.

Right now: 16 people in #DCGLUG, 8 in #DCLUG. Including your stupid Tux bot which was the main reason I left your server in the first place - you demonstrated just what an idiot you were by handing Jon Davey the "bomb". Gee, thanks. After coaching to get onto IRC, he comes online for the first time ever to get help with the Raspberry Pi, and the first thing you do is hand him a kick-bomb and not knowing what happened he doesn't re-join.

Hope you're happy with that.

At least there are some of us here willing to genuinely help - FWIW: I asked Jon to post his SD card to me and then I did the install, setup, etc. and posted it back to him. What did you do? You kicked him out of your IRC channel. Fat lot of use you are.

Same for Grants email earlier: