Re: [LUG] HTML5 DRM

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 12:37:09 +0100
Kai Hendry <hendry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Kai,

>How much does BBC Worldwide make? That do a crap job since I can't get
>their output in Singapore.

The BBC do not have rights to distribute some of their TV content to many
places.  So, rather than allow or disallow connection to their iplayer
content per programme, it's far, far simpler to just block anything
coming from a non-UK IP address.  Avoidance of law suits is I suspect is
the prime motivation.

It's difficult getting (legally) TV content in any country other than
the one of origin.

There are, sometimes, things from the USA I'd like to view, but can't.
Well, by legal means at any rate.

--
 Regards  _
Just coz they do it in the movies, don't mean to say that it's cool