Re: [LUG] HTML5 DRM

On 20/04/13 11:44, Kai Hendry wrote:
On 18 April 2013 07:29, tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But not i iplayer though (see get_iplayer)
Interesting, I just managed to download
The_Genius_of_Josiah_Wedgwood_-_-_b01s0zn8_default.mp4 via that
get-iplayer tool.

Now I'm thinking I could set up a service to convert them to HTLM5 and
host them somewhere out of reach of the BBC and try spread British
culture around the world?

Would need a very good dedicated machine to do the ffmpeg gruntwork.

I'm not into breaching copyright etc and the BBC do make a bit of money abroad selling their stuff to non-license payers so your weeing in your own chips there a bit. What we do need is for them to see sense and not DRM anything they produce for us with our money.
Tom te tom te tom