Re: [LUG] More problems with my Linux

On 19/04/13 10:47, Peter M Le Mare wrote:
> Here I am again asking for help. A few days ago my Linux (Ubunto 12.04)
> just crashed and it will not boot up again.

What precisely happens on boot?

You may need to disable the suppression of messages that Ubuntu think
will scare people less. Although in my experience it is far scarier if
it stops with no indication of progress.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/25022/how-to-enable-boot-messages-to-be-printed-on-screen-during-boot-up

May be handy to have a digital camera to hand when it boots in case it
doesn't spew a useful or comprehensible message.

> I have another version on a
> separate disk and after secveral attempts I have booted up with this and
> by accessing sideways all the documents etc. are there.

Suggests the disk and file system are fine so probably some minor tweak
is needed to get it all working again.