Re: [LUG] UEFI _ a problem in Linux

On 18/04/13 19:05, Neil Winchurst wrote:

I am not up for building my own desktop, I do however use a company that will build one to order. As regards laptops, some suppliers will sell them without any OS installed.

Yep, I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem with a machine built to order. Novatech do machines without Windows, as do eBuyer.com (look for the Zoostorm range). I believe Dell have (or are) releasing a range of notebooks with Ubuntu as are Alienware, and I'm pretty sure Asus have released a model of notebook in Germany with Linux installed, so machines are available. Even if you don't want to stick with the stock Ubuntu it should work well with other distros :-) (take the eMachines nettop I have for instance, it came with Linux, I can't remember exactly which variant, it might have been Linpus Linux, but now it runs Linux Mint).

Rob