Re: [LUG] irc

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, Neil Stone wrote:

As we can see, freenode servers are NOT as reliable as some may think...

You can ping pong all you like, but I have been using Freenode daily for the past year.

It "just works".

Yes, a "netsplit" does occasionally happen - does it affect much? Not really. These things happen and we deal with it. One of the channels I inhabit currently has over 400 users on it too...

One thing I will not tolerate is twatting around when newbies come on looking for advice though - your behaviour on the current one was out of order when John Davey came on IMO. That is why I have not rejoined the current one.

Gordon