Re: [LUG] bad apple: follow up and fall out

On 29/03/13 10:37, Martijn Grooten wrote:
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 9:06 AM, tom wrote:
Is it actually from your yahoo account - I get a lot of spam where they just
use an email address as a spoof header - its never been near a yahoo server.
The email was accepted by the list server from Yahoo's mail server. So
at the very least it came through Yahoo's servers. The fact that it
was sent to addresses in his address book (not just this one, as I
understand it) suggests that they have had access to his account.

Btw, I created a Yahoo account myself and send some emails to other
addresses of mine. They all come with a X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService
header; in fact the headers are the same as the email that started
this discussion. So we can't conclude they used Yahoo's API.

Martijn.

Can you be sure - all that stuff is so easily spoofed unless its properly signed. I used to send messages from Bill Gates and the only way to 'prove' they didn't come from there was IF there was some way of proving the servers werenât up/existing at the times I gave.
Tom te tom te tom