Re: [LUG] OT: Scam call

From: Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, 22 March 2013, 16:27
Subject: Re: [LUG] OT: Scam call

It works surprisingly often.

The husband of my wife's best friend fell foul. Not an idiot, just no
idea about computers. Gave his debit card information. £300 debit
while he was on the phone, and repeated tries until his bank locked it
and rang him to let him know he'd lost money. I don't actually know if
he got it back, or if he was duped into the
url-visiting-remote-control nasty installer.