[LUG] OT: Scam call

 Hi All,

We've all had them, but this one I had to share.. they're not even trying anymore!

*phone rings*

Me: Hello? *empty line, so I know it's probably a scam* Hello?
Caller: *bad line, said something about Microsoft and computer*
Me: Who's calling?
Caller: Can I speak to Mr Hall please? [yeah they appear to have a source of phone numbers AND names, not just random numbers]
Me: Who's calling?
Caller: I am calling from Microsoft, your computer has a virus.
Me: Ohh.. you're a scammer and a criminal.. OK..
Caller: I am scammer and criminal?
Me: Yes.. glad you agree...
Caller: *confused, repeats* I am scammer and criminal..
Me: *trying not to collapse laughing* Your English isn't very good is it?

*click*

To myself: I'll take that as a no then..

Shame I was having fun with the idiot :)

Julian