Re: [LUG] More Raspberry woes.

On 17/03/13 19:53, Rob Beard wrote:
On 17/03/13 17:40, JOHN DAVEY wrote:

-- The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG
...no I don't have another linux machine, but I do have access to a
windoes notebook. I should be able to delete some of the extreanous
files from there shouldn't I?
jON.

Just to elaborate further too on my previous e-mail. The Raspberry Pi partitions the SD card into a couple of partitions. There is a FAT32 partition at the start of the memory card which I think is around 100MB (I'm going from memory, I haven't used my Pi in a little while) which you can read on a Windows machine (or Mac, or Linux), but the other partition on the card is in EXT4 format (I believe, might be EXT2 or EXT3) which Windows doesn't support unless you install third party applications. Not sure about Macs if they support EXT formats.

Rob

If you have ssh server installed on your pi, you could install putty on your windows machine which will give you ssh protocol for connection. You will of course need to work out your ip address (on the pi) if you don't already know.

Tom.