Re: [LUG] More Raspberry woes.

On 17/03/13 17:40, JOHN DAVEY wrote:
...no I don't have another linux machine, but I do have access to a
windoes notebook. I should be able to delete some of the extreanous
files from there shouldn't I?
jON.

It's unlikely unless you install an EXTFS driver. You might find it easier to boot Linux on a machine from a USB stick, that way no changes are made to the PC itself (everything runs from the USB stick).

You can get Windows tools to create a Live Linux USB stick, I tend to use the Universal USB installer from here: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

I believe it'll even give you the option to visit the distribution site to download an ISO if you don't have one handy.

Otherwise there are applications for Windows which do the same as DD, a Google search suggests WinDD here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/windd/

(Saying that though I don't have much experience of WinDD, you might be able to find more info on the Raspberry Pi forums).

Rob