Re: [LUG] DrayTek Vigor 120 - unstable connections following machine reboot

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Simon Avery wrote:

So, in the end the problem was solved by replacing a the modem (I had
another Vigor120 lying around)...

Thanks for the follow up, good to learn what the resolution was.

We were chasing our tails with resetting VPN tunnels between two
drayteks today. Every 300s, bang. I started remote diagnosis then lost
the connection entirely.

A bit of search around and it turns out Newton Abbot exchange has had
a significant fault against it today that has resulted in strange
packet dropping behavior since early this morning. It took out one
site entirely, and crippled another - although a third connection via
Bethere LLU on the same exchange has been rock solid all day.  It
seemed to resolve a while ago for over 40 minutes, but I sadly note
I've lost the site again. They're still chasing the problem again. Oh
- it's back up now! And gone again. <sigh>

And my 100Mb leased line client in Newton Abbot is doing just fine ;-)

Gordon