Re: [LUG] DrayTek Vigor 120 - unstable connections following machine reboot

On 02/06/2013 08:38 PM, Simon Avery wrote:
I've tried on a different machine and the problem is the same there -

Did you also try a different network cable?  It's unlikely but possible.

My first step would be to swap the modem/router out for something else
if you have it. If symptoms persist with another box, dig a little
deeper, runs adsl tests in the router supports it (some drayteks do),

I used a Vigor 120 a little while back and had very few problems with it - it was rock solid, if slightly slower than others. I recall it did support some tests (at least showing detailed line stats), though possibly one had to use the telnet interface. Google "draytek telnet commands". The reference I have is called "Telnet-Commands-Draytek-V1.11.pdf".

We're exclusively a draytek shop now. 2820's and 2830's - I love them.
Good mid-level well featured bits of kit, we run, um, six of them at
the moment. They cope well with varying line qualities and have the
best vpn compatibilities I've yet met. The latest (last week) was
actually capable of ipv6 once firmware was upgraded. I now have

The 120 also supports v6, possibly with a firmware update. I had to ask for a beta at the time (2010ish) and, I think, got v120_3244_332201.

exactly *one* piece of v6 capable network hardware, should my ISP ever

Switch ISP to a v6 one! There must be nearly 3 in the UK that support it now ;)

On the other hand, it rather disappointingly looks like the remaining Euro IPv4s will take a couple of years to run out completely :(

http://www.ripe.net/internet-coordination/ipv4-exhaustion/ipv4-available-pool-graph

Cheers,

Mike.