Re: [LUG] Linux - viruses etc

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I would be interested to hear what others on the list think,

I second what Gordon said. Once your address is known to spammers you'll get spam and there's nothing you can do about it except for mitigating the problem by using a spam-filter.

Spam levels are a lot lower than they used to be half a decade ago, but for a number of reasons (happy to expand on this) you may not notice.

As for the subject line: using Linux is unlikely to have a big, if any, effect on how much spam you receive.

Martijn.