Re: [LUG] network tools and windows

On 23/01/13 22:33, paul sutton wrote:
Hi

Just wondered if windows still had tools such as whois,  netstat,  ping,
nslookup included,  I am asking as one of the rugby club members asked
me who owns the paigntonrugby.co.uk domain,  being a linux user I used
whois,  and got the answer easily,  (well sort of, got a company
name,but no other details such as address)  just wondered if these tools
are in windows,  i had heard some were being removed.

thanks

Paul

Ping, nslookup and tracert (traceroot) yes.  Think it has whois.

Saying that Windows versions of the tools (both command line and gui versions) are readily available.

Rob