Re: [LUG] Operating Systems We Have Known And Loved (And Hated)

Reading all these memories, and being reminded of some of the weird
stuff, one thing jumps out at me;

By God, it's a damned sight better now!

Nostalgia aside, we have computers now that are stupidly cheap and do
amazing things insanely quickly. The pace of change is breathtaking,
and how quickly people adapt to it is astonishing too.

Moan all you want about certain software producers, strange hardware,
certain business models, but every single one of them involved in IT
over the past forty or so years has contributed to something bloody
amazing. So did we, come to that.

This little hobby of ours has changed the world. It's affected every
single person in it - mostly for the better. Think on that for a
moment.

And, you know, we've only just scratched the surface of the
possibilities. Where's it going tomorrow?