Re: [LUG] Operating Systems We Have Known And Loved (And Hated)

On Jan 05, 2013, bad apple wrote:

> But what other systems have you known/loved/hated or been forced to
> use at gun point?

I have worked with the PDP8 and PDP11, just writing Fortran though not
managing the OS. The U of Reading also had an ICL 1904S running
George, then an Adahl running VM/CMS. One unusual OS was Sintran that
ran on our ND-100 and ND-500 minicomputers made by Norsk Data. RU were
the first university to buy these machines -- and for all I know the
only one. The JET lab at Culham bought about 20 at the same time. ND
were a delightful group to work with and it was sad when it all fell
apart.

My memory is a bit hazy but I'm sure there was a version of Minix for the
BBC micro. It came on 20 floppy discs. Does anyone remember using it?

The most recent OS is I think called iOS6 and hate is too mild a word
for what I feel about it.

Tony