Re: [LUG] Operating Systems We Have Known And Loved (And Hated)

On Jan 05, 2013, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Highly unlikely to be the BBC Micro - as Minix was developed on
> 80386 cpu's

Ah. It was a form of Unix but not Minix. And you are right it was a
second processor. I just found this in Wikipedia:

"Torch Computers Ltd was a computer hardware company formed in 1982 in
Great Shelford, near Cambridge, UK and became well known for its
computer peripherals for the BBC Micro. Torch produced several second
processor units for the BBC Micro with integrated floppy disk or hard
disk drives, including the Z80 Disc Pack (ZDP), Graduate and Unicorn,
with Z80, 8088 and 68000 processors respectively. The ZDP ran the CPN
operating system, a clone of CP/M, the Graduate, MS-DOS 2.11 and the
Unicorn UNIX."

Tony