Re: [LUG] Windows 8 adoption

On 02/01/13 10:36, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 1 Jan 2013, at 22:37, bad apple wrote:
>
>> It's entirely up to you of course, but between an impartial sysadmin and
>> a bunch of rabid cockheads with Apple tattoos on their faces
> I raised the link simply to inform that there are other opinions other than your
> own. To call someone with an opposing opinion a cockhead seems to suggest a
> superior than thou attitude. Certainly reading your other emails you seem so
> opinionated I'm surprised you are on the list.
> ---
> Kind regards
>
> Richard Brown
> Youth Worker
> Wild Woods Project
> 07747 343637
> http://wild-woods.org.uk/

Chief, did you actually follow your own link? Have you actually seen
that site?

"http://www.cultofmac.com | Breaking news for Apple Fans"

That's what it says right there, on the header. There is actually a
picture of the back of some guy's head with an Apple logo shaved into
the back of it for the site's logo for the love of god. These people are
the very definition of "cockheads". I really don't think you're going to
get any sense out of them whatsoever, have you actually tried reading
some of their articles? They have absolutely no relation to reality
whatsoever. They're even trying to put a positive spin on the Apple Maps
fiasco...

So let me be clear here: I'm not insulting them because they don't think
the same way I do. I'm insulting them because they don't think at all,
and are rabid, unapologetic, frothing at the mouth Apple fanboys and
even seem quite happy to admit it. So yeah, I stand by "cockheads". And
will add "bunch of childish sycophantic arseholes" too, just for good
measure.

Now, you're disagreeing with me: this may surprise you, but that doesn't
worry me at all and I have no intention or desire to start randomly
insulting you! You also are apparently surprised that I am on this list
because I'm "opinionated", but I don't see how one follows from the
other to be honest. Quite a lot of people on this list seem to have
pretty strong opinions as well, I'm certainly not the only one who knows
my own mind.

But this is the great thing: this is a mailing list, so if you really
want to, you can either unsubscribe (a bit radical) or much easier, just
setup a rule in your mail client to delete or hide emails from me: simple!

Cheers