Re: [LUG] Windows 8 adoption

On 01/01/13 21:57, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 1 Jan 2013, at 05:40 PM, bad apple <ifindthatinteresting@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Windows 8 is actually pretty decent
> Some will disagree.....
>
> <http://www.cultofmac.com/207632/why-windows-8-is-one-of-the-worst-operating-systems-ever-video/>

Man, everyone wants to sell you something... I'll give you a tip: you're
not going to get a good review of anything without an Apple logo on it
from a website called "cultofmac.com".

I'm a sysadmin: I deal with Win8, Mac OS 10.8, Linux, Solaris and BSD
pretty much every single day. On/off I also look after just about every
other OS in existence. I don't want to sell you anything, and I don't
have an agenda. I simply use the best tool for the job. And I'm quite
adamant that after a couple of administrative tweaks, Win8 is a
perfectly good OS. It's certainly a lot better than the car crash that
is current OS X.

It's entirely up to you of course, but between an impartial sysadmin and
a bunch of rabid cockheads with Apple tattoos on their faces, I think
I'd know who's more likely to be correct about, well, quite frankly
anything. I don't imagine said cockheads exactly have anything nice to
say about Linux either!

Cheers